Tech Info Systems
Owner – 1999 to present
Business Software Consulting and Development services for businesses.
Recent projects include:
- Gallery Server Pro (2002-present) – Developed and released by Roger under
the GPL open source license at www.galleryserverpro.com,
Popular web gallery created and developed by Roger. Released under the GPL open
source license at www.galleryserverpro.com, Gallery Server Pro is a complex web
application that enables users to share photos, videos, audio files, and other documents
online. Features thumbnail and optimized image generation, album creation and maintenance,
rotation and caption editing, and advanced features such as real-time upload feedback
and automatic decompressing and album generation of hierarchical zip files. Downloaded
over 200,000 times. C#, ASP.NET, Silverlight, SQLite, SQL Server, XML, XSL, HTTP
Modules and Handlers, SharpZipLib, Wise for Windows 6.2, ComponentArt Web.UI for
- Demand Manager (Brooks Automation, 2011-213) - Created work order tracking system for manufacturing company with
about 80 employees. Application directed manufacturing personnel what to build each day and tracked orders as they were packed
out. Additional modules supported inventory and part management, late order visibility, and custom label printing. Technologies
used: ASP.NET, LightSwitch, WCF, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, C#, XAML, Silverlight, Dymo & Zebra printing
- Retirement Software Upgrade (CUNA Mutual Group, 2010) - Migrated Members
Retirement Solutions client application from local data storage to SOA architecture
using web services and SQL Server. Built automated data migration tool with SSIS.
ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Basic
6, Microsoft Access
- Report Management and Delivery Web Application (Interbit Data, 2009)
- Designed and implemented a web application that provided secure access to reports
for use by doctors and other health professionals. Provided user authentication,
deletion, archive, and zip file retrieval services. C#, ASP.NET, Entity Framework,
SQLite, SharpZipLib, ComponentArt Web.UI for ASP.NET.
- Gift Card Integration (The Fireside Theatre, 2008) - Designed
and implemented a new business process to allow customers to use gift cards across
theater, dining, and gift shop business units. Technologies used: Windows Presentation
Foundation (WPF), C#, SQL Server.
- Energy Audit Web Application (Alliant Energy, 2008) - Worked
with business analyst to enhance an existing web application for Alliant's customer
energy auditing program. Technologies used: ASP.NET, C#, MS AJAX.
- Insurance Web Application (General Casualty, 2005-2007) – Worked
with a team of developers to create a complex web application that helped independent
agents create insurance policies for General Casualty’s Commercial Business Auto
product. The application had an innovative Business Rule Engine to efficiently enforce
complex insurance rules. Technologies used: ASP.NET, C#, COM+, DB2, XML, Cruise
Control, nAnt, nUnit.
- Word 2003 XML Report Generation (Environ, 2005) – Created web
application that generated Word documents by merging Word XML templates with database
data. ASP.NET, C#, Word 2003, XML, XSD, SQL Server 2000.
- Town of Koshkonong, WI (2005) – Donated a complete redesign of the Town
of Koshkonong’s website at www.koshkonongwi.com.
The website is a disciplined implementation of XHTML
Strict 1.0 and valid CSS.
- SMTP Recipient Filter (2004) – Built Windows Service that intercepted emails
passing through the SMTP Service and validated recipients against either Active
Directory or a whitelist of email addresses in database. Also created Windows Forms
administration utility to manage Windows Service. C#, Windows Services, Windows
Forms, COM Interop, LDAP, Active Directory, SQL Server, Wise for Windows 6.1.
- Weather Buddy (2003) – Built Windows Forms application that displays current
temperature based on zip code in system tray. Released as open source and has been
downloaded over 10,000 times. C#, Windows Forms, web services, Windows Installer.
.NET Architect / Developer – December 2004 to March 2005
Architected and built a complex data-driven web application that greatly improved
compliance management. Mentored colleagues in .Net technologies. ASP.NET, C#, SQL
Server 2000, XSD, Telerik’s r.a.d. web controls, incremental iterative design methodology.
Helix Technology Corporation
Applications Programmer – April 2000 to August 2003
Built internal applications for a company of 500 employees. VB, VBScript, ASP, COM,
SQL Server, XML, XSL, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Crystal Reports, Seagate Info, Visual SourceSafe.
- Performed complete life cycle project management from initial employee interviews
to determining design requirements, software modeling, development, implementation,
and user training.
- Responsible for the corporate-wide implementation of a shared .Net environment.
- Projects included a timesheet submission/approval/reporting system (ASP), a bill
of materials utility (ASP.NET), a flat BOM calculator (ASP.NET), and a training
web application (ASP.NET).
- Managed the data conversion of all company data during an ERP implementation involving
HP3000, SQL Server 2000, and J.D. Edwards. Used DTS Packages, SQL Server Scheduled
Jobs, VBScript, T-SQL and stored procedures.
- Designed and implemented web-based reporting using Crystal Reports web server
and Seagate Info.
Helix Technology Corporation
Manufacturing Engineer / Software Developer – Dec. 1995 to April 2000
Responsible for all aspects of equipment used in production of vacuum gauges, including
software development, tool and hardware design / installation / maintenance, and
continuous process improvement. VB, COM, Access, Excel, HP VEE.
- Project manager for custom software / hardware implementations with budgets up
- Developed the company’s first use of ActiveX Automation to link manufacturing
equipment directly to relational databases.
Test Engineering Intern – January 1994 to August 1994
Worked in the Research and Development Department and performed the following tasks:
- Designed and executed software-based data acquisition of various vehicle characteristics
(stresses, pressures, temperatures, etc.)
- Analyzed resulting test data using statistical and graphical methods and made
recommendations for further action.